Your Academic Advisement Report (or AAR) is the most vital tool you can use to track your work toward your degree. Your AAR shows how your IUB courses, transfer, test, or other special credits apply toward the academic requirements of your major, minor, or certificate. With an AAR, you can:
- Look up what General Education requirements you have fulfilled
- Look up what school and major requirements you have fulfilled
- See what requirements you would have if you changed majors
- See how courses you plan on taking would count toward degree requirements, including courses taken at other IU campuses or courses in your iGPS Plan
Throughout your academic career, use your AAR to monitor your progress and see what requirements you still have to meet to graduate from Indiana University Bloomington. To get a copy of your report, do the following:
- Go to Academic Advisement Report in One.IU.Edu and click Start.
- Under “Advising” click View my Advisement Report.
- Select the institution and report type from the drop-down menus, then click Process Request.
It is important for you to not only rely on your AAR but also stay in contact with the academic advisors for your major(s) and minor(s) to make sure that you are on the right path towards graduation. You should always meet with your academic advisor(s) to receive a more accurate report and to determine how future courses might count toward your degree requirements.
Learn how to read your AAR